Osteoporosis is a condition that affects many seniors which unfortunately can get worse over time. As the disease progresses, even a simple stumbles can lead to a life-changing injury, causing serious damage to already brittle bones. At Poet’s Walk, we are proud to include osteoporosis care for the elderly among our many assisted living wellness services. Our memory care community is the perfect place for your loved ones to get the ongoing care they need to help manage this delicate condition.
Our Senior Osteoporosis Care Protocols
Our goal is for both assisted living residents and home care recipients to continue leading lives that are as normal as possible, even with a diagnosis of osteoporosis. In this goal, we implement numerous management techniques and services, tailored to the unique needs and preferences of each individual. Here is just a small sampling of what we have to offer within our osteoporosis wellness program:
- Home Assessments and Recommendations – We closely monitor the environment of our memory care facilities, as well as those of home care recipients, allowing us to be alerted to any changes in their physical condition. The earlier we can spot any potential issues, the better the chance we can keep your loved one healthy and happy for many years to come. In these assessments, we are able to provide insightful fall prevention measures so that seniors may remain as safe as possible.
- Ongoing Exercise Programs – When it comes to osteoporosis, one of the best ways to stave off further bone degeneration is to engage in regular physical activity. Our osteoporosis training programs typically involve a mix of strength training and balance exercises, designed while keeping the capabilities of each senior in mind.
- Necessary Medical Equipment – We aim to have everything needed to care for our residents right here on-site. This way, there is no need to rush off to the doctor for every minor situation. Our caregivers are trained to handle this type of care.
- Assistance with Daily Activities – In addition to assistance providing within our living facilities, we can visit a resident’s home to help out with grooming, cleaning, and meal planning to support bone health. In this process, we aim to still allow our residents to feel as independent as possible, offering only what help is needed.
- Fall Prevention throughout the Community – Our fall prevention techniques include things like including guard rails in all bathrooms, ensuring that rugs lie flat on the floor, and installing non-slip mats on all stairs. We take great care in protecting our residents’ safety so that there is minimal risk of any accidents happening. In addition to ensuring our facilities follow the best fall prevention measures, we can visit the homes of seniors to ensure they are safe and secure.
Dedicated Senior Living Care at Poet’s Walk
Trips and falls can be potentially disastrous for those with osteoporosis, but they can still be harmful to healthy individuals as well. We do everything we can to ensure that the common areas of our memory care assisted living communities are as safe as possible for everyone. This holds true whether they suffer from osteoporosis or any other condition or disability. We aim to offer the same dedication and care to each resident, regardless of any conditions they suffer from.
In addition to our residential and community facilities, Poet’s Walk is proud to remain a top-notch wellness provider, catered to care for your elderly loved one. Contact us today to learn more.