Taking on the responsibility of caring for your elderly loved one may be challenging, but it also represents deep compassion, love, and selflessness. With years of experience in senior assisted living and at-home services, Poet’s Walk, a Spring Hills community, knows the obstacles that are involved with caring for someone in their own home. This is why we are so committed to helping all the unsung heroes by providing elder home care services and family caregiver guidance. Professional support from an experienced live-in or respite caregiver can make a world of difference for you and your loved one.
Respite Home Care to Support Family Caregivers
In order to be there for your loved one, it is essential to take care of yourself. Our senior care services are designed to remove some of the burden from family caregivers and to meet the needs of memory care patients with the goal of ensuring a fulfilling lifestyle. We understand that finding the right caregiver can be difficult, and so we recommend taking time to ensure you find someone who both you and your loved one are comfortable with.
Suggested Interview Questions to Help You Find the Best Private Caregiver
When interviewing candidates, use these questions to discover more about their personality, qualifications, and mindset. Understanding this will help you to find a great match for your family.
- How much experience do you have in caring for individuals with (specific condition)?
- Do you have experience with seniors who have problems with memory loss?
- What are your qualifications? Can you go over your training and educational background?
- How comfortable are you with dementia patients?
- Are there any aspects of caregiving that you find to be difficult?
- Do you have a flexible schedule?
- What is your method for keeping track of daily activity, medications, etc.?
- What is your contact information and how/when do you prefer to be contacted?
- Are you available during the holidays? What about working late at night or on weekends?
- In the event of an emergency, what would you do?
- Are you CPR certified? How familiar are you with administrating first-aid?
- Would you be willing to cook healthy meals as part of your care services?
- Have you spent time as a live-in caregiver?
- Do you have a current driver’s license and your own car?
- Are you comfortable with everything that is expected of a caregiver for a memory care patient?
- Do you grant permission to run a background check?