The aftermath of a stroke can be as devastating as the stroke itself. As the leading cause of senior long-term disability, strokes often affect your loved one’s physical and mental abilities, as well as cause emotional damage. They might begin having problems controlling their emotions and moods as they experience new limitations. It can be traumatic for them, and caring for a stroke patient can be a little overwhelming for you.
Poet’s Walk is here for you and your loved one. We offer exceptional senior care services, including our Stroke Recovery Wellness Program, developed not only to manage pain and facilitate recovery but to measure progress and help decrease the likelihood of a future stroke or related injury. Our program can help to maintain your loved one’s confidence and sense of independence. Our stroke patient care plan also includes you – providing whatever education or information you’d like so that you can help your loved one, too.
Attentive Care for Elderly Stroke Patients
Our team of qualified caregivers has experience in stroke recovery and, as part of the Poet’s Walk Stroke Recovery Program, will:
- provide the proper, durable medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, Hemi canes, and walkers;
- assist your loved one with activities of daily living (“ADLs”) such as hygiene, eating, bathing, etc.;
- tailor exercise programs for your loved one, including various stroke recovery activities and exercises, pain management, and injury prevention; and
- assess your senior loved one’s living environment and recommend or make any modifications that may be necessary.
In addition, all Poet’s Walk residents are invited and encouraged to participate in any of the ongoing classes and programs at their memory care facility. These include:
- walks through our gorgeous assisted living facility grounds, designed to make walks enjoyable and engaging, whether individually or in groups;
- fun therapeutic classes such as art and drawing, cooking, gardening, as well as guest lectures;
- fitness classes – everything ranging from simple stretches and chair exercises to Tai Chi, yoga, and Pilates; and
- ongoing social events and gatherings with family and friends.
A Holistic Approach to Stroke Recovery with Poet’s Walk
We care about the well-being of all our seniors, in every way. Our Stroke Recovery Wellness Program doesn’t just look after your loved one’s physical needs, but their emotional needs as well. To us, improving a senior stroke patient’s self-esteem and independence is vital to their health and happiness as a whole.
The Poet’s Walk Stroke Recovery Program can help you and your loved one through the difficulties that may occur as the result of a stroke. Contact us to find out how we can help with your loved one’s stroke recovery.